Do your part to combat the climate crisis and secure a future for Colorado’s wildlife by donating to offset your carbon footprint. Reduce what you can, and offset the rest.

Each donation will help pikas and other wildlife by…

Conserving carbon-sequestering grasslands in southeastern Colorado

Funding solutions to help wildlife cope with climate change

Creating a permanent refuge for prairie wildlife

How does it work?

Offset your personal or your business’s carbon footprint by donating to the Colorado Carbon Offset Partnership.  80% of your donation will be used by Southern Plains Land Trust to sequester carbon dioxide by purchasing and permanently protecting endangered prairie habitat and native wildlife. The remaining 20% will be used by Rocky Mountain Wild to conserve climate sensitive species such as pika.
Learn more by expanding the boxes below!

Fight climate change by protecting carbon-sequestering prairie

Fund solutions to help pika and other wildlife cope with climate change

Provide a refuge for prairie wildlife, from bison to butterflies

How much should I donate to offset my carbon footprint?

It costs $24 to offset one metric ton of carbon by protecting grasslands and $6 to fund solutions to help pikas and other wildlife cope with climate change.
Donate to offset average American carbon footprint – 16 metric tons of carbon per year
  • Offset an entire year of carbon emissions
  • Protect over an acre of grasslands for wildlife
  • Contribute $96 to fund solutions to help wildlife cope with climate change
  • Offset half of a year of carbon emissions
  • Protect over a half acre of grasslands for wildlife
  • Contribute $48 to fund solutions to help wildlife cope with climate change
Small Donations Make a Big Difference

Together many small donors can offset tons of carbon (literally!)

For every 24 donors who donate $20, we can…

  • Offset 16.6 metric tons of carbon
  • Protect over an acre of grasslands for wildlife
  • Contribute $96 to fund solutions to help wildlife cope with climate change
Donate to offset low carbon footprint – 9 metric tons of carbon per year

People with incomes below the 50th percentile of US income brackets tend to have smaller carbon footprints.

  • Offset an entire year of carbon emissions
  • Protect over a half acre of grasslands for wildlife
  • Contribute $54 to fund solutions to help wildlife cope with climate change
  • Offset half of a year of carbon emissions
  • Protect over a quarter acre of grasslands for wildlife
  • Contribute $27 to fund solutions to help wildlife cope with climate change

Want a more precise measurement of your carbon footprint?


Use the Cool Climate Calculator to calculate your individual or household carbon footprint, and identify actions you can take to reduce your emissions.

Enter your estimated footprint from the calculator to the right to find out how much to donate to offset your carbon footprint.

We can help your business lead on climate

Offset your business’s carbon footprint while contributing to
local conservation initiatives right here in Colorado.

Your company can be a leader on climate! Set a goal to become carbon neutral and begin to reduce your carbon footprint now. Once you have begun implementing a plan to minimize your company’s carbon footprint as much as possible,
donate to offset the rest.


Use the Cool Climate Business Calculator to calculate your business’s carbon footprint and build an action plan to reduce your emissions.

If you can’t offset all of your emissions this year, then enter your estimated footprint into the calculator to the right to determine what amount to donate.
Donate to help the Colorado Pika Project become carbon neutral!

Is your business already carbon neutral? If so, you can make a difference by donating to help the Colorado Pika Project become carbon neutral. We work hard to minimize our carbon footprint, but we need your help to become carbon neutral.

Contact us if you would like to help offset the Colorado Pika Project’s Carbon Footprint and have your business featured on our website.

A partnership of
Rocky Mountain Wild and Southern Plains Land Trust

Rocky Mountain Wild works to protect, connect, and restore wildlife and wildlands in the Southern Rocky Mountain region.
The Southern Plains Land Trust creates and protects a network of shortgrass prairie preserves, which ensure a future for all native animals and plants.

Colorado Pika Project occupies the ancestral and traditional lands of the Ute, Cheyenne, and Arapahoe peoples. This area was also the site of trade, hunting, gathering and healing of other indigenous peoples including the Comanche, Apache, and Shoshone. In offering this land acknowledgment, we affirm indigenous sovereignty, history, knowledge and experiences.