Rocky Mountain Wild
Pika Patrol App and pikapartners.org
Last Revised: June 30, 2022
THIS AGREEMENT ALSO INCLUDES A JURY TRIAL WAIVER AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER. MORE INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND BELOW.
· collect information from the Services using an automated software tool or manually on a mass basis;
· use automated means to access the Services, or gain unauthorized access to the Services or to any account or computer system connected to the Services;
· obtain, or attempt to obtain, access to areas of the Site or an Application or our systems that are not intended for access by you;
· “flood” the Services with requests or otherwise overburden, disrupt, or harm the Services or our systems;
· restrict or inhibit other users from accessing or using the Services;
· modify or delete any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices that appear on the Site or an Application or in the Content; or
· access or use the Services or Content for any unlawful purpose or otherwise beyond the scope of the rights granted herein.
If you download the Application, you further agree not to:
· copy the Application (except to install it on your Mobile Devices);
· modify, translate, adapt, or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Application;
· reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Application or any part thereof;
· rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the Application or any features or functionality of the Application to any third party for any reason, including by making the Application available on a network where it is capable of being accessed by more than one device at any time; or
· remove, disable, circumvent, or otherwise create or implement any workaround to any copy protection, rights management, or security features in or protecting the Application.
3. Ownership. The Services (including the Content) are owned by Rocky Mountain Wild and its licensors and are protected under copyright, trademark, and other applicable United States and international laws and treaties. Without limiting the foregoing, the trademarks, service marks, and logos displayed on the Site and/or any Application are registered and unregistered marks of Rocky Mountain Wild and its licensors. The Application is licensed, not sold, to you. You acknowledge and agree that, as between you and Rocky Mountain Wild, Rocky Mountain Wild is and shall remain the sole owner of the Services and the Content, including, without limitation, all patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein and thereto.
4. Account Registration and Security. Access to and use of certain Services may require you to register for an account. You agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the applicable registration or log-in form, and you are responsible for keeping such information up to date. You are responsible and liable for all activities conducted through your account, regardless of who conducts those activities. You may not share your account with anyone or allow anyone else to access or use your account, other than your parents or legal guardians who have rights to access and manage your account if you are a minor. If you are a parent or legal guardian, you may permit your child to use the account instead of you, however you are liable for the activities of your child. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information, including your username and password. You agree to immediately notify Rocky Mountain Wild of any unauthorized use of your account, or any other breach of security. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your username or password.
5. User Content.
5.1. User Content and Restrictions. The Services may enable users to submit, upload, post, share, display, or transmit to other users (hereinafter, “post”) ideas, information, materials, and other user-generated content (collectively, “User Content”) and interact with others through user comment areas, message boards, and similar user-to-user areas. You may not post any User Content that:
· is unlawful, abusive, malicious, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy rights or right of publicity, or otherwise objectionable;
· constitutes or promotes sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
· infringes upon, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party;
· encourages criminal conduct;
· contains false, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive claims or content;
· gives the impression that it emanates from or is endorsed by Rocky Mountain Wild or any other person or entity, if this is not the case; or
· contains any virus, malware, spyware, or other harmful content or code.
5.2. Rights You Grant to Us. You hereby grant to Rocky Mountain Wild an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, and prepare derivative works of any User Content you post on or through the Services for any purpose and in all forms and all media, whether now known or that become known in the future, and you waive any and all claims that you may have now or may hereafter have in any jurisdiction to so-called “rental rights,” “moral rights,” and all rights of “droit moral” in that User Content, even if the User Content is altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. If you post User Content, you represent and warrant to Rocky Mountain Wild that you own or control all rights in and to such User Content and have the right to grant the rights above to us.
5.3. No Responsibility. You agree that you are solely responsible for your User Content, and you acknowledge and agree that Rocky Mountain Wild is not responsible for, and does not endorse, any User Content.
5.4. No Obligation to Prescreen, Monitor or Use. Rocky Mountain Wild does not have, and does not undertake, any obligation to prescreen, monitor, edit, or remove any User Content posted on or through the Services. However, Rocky Mountain Wild retains the right (but not the obligation), in its sole discretion and for any reason, to prescreen, monitor, edit, remove, or move User Content posted on or through the Services. You acknowledge and agree that we are not obligated to post, keep, or use your User Content.
5.5. Submitted Ideas. While we appreciate your interest in the Services and our business, Rocky Mountain Wild does not want and cannot accept any ideas or information users consider confidential and/or proprietary. This is to avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings when projects independently developed by or on behalf of Rocky Mountain Wild might seem to others to be similar to users’ own creative ideas, suggestions, and/or materials. Except with respect to your personal information as expressly provided for in our Privacy Statement, all comments, suggestions, ideas, drawings, concepts, or other information or materials disclosed or offered to us by you via the Services or in response to solicitations on the Site or any Application shall be deemed to be non-confidential and non-proprietary.
6. Electronic Communications. The communications between you and Rocky Mountain Wild via the Services use electronic means. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us in electronic form, and you agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
7. Privacy Statement. You acknowledge and agree that all information collected by Rocky Mountain Wild is subject to our Privacy Statement. By using the Services, you consent to all actions we take with respect to your information in compliance with our Privacy Statement.
9. Change and Suspension.
9.1. Changes to the Services. Rocky Mountain Wild reserves the right to make changes to, suspend, or discontinue (temporarily or permanently) the Services or any portion thereof (including any Content) at any time. You agree that Rocky Mountain Wild will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such change, suspension, or discontinuance.
10. Disclaimer; Limitation of Liability.
10.1. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SERVICES, THE APPLICATION AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, AND ROCKY MOUNTAIN WILD HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER ROCKY MOUNTAIN WILD NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH ROCKY MOUNTAIN WILD MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES, THE APPLICATION OR ANY CONTENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER ROCKY MOUNTAIN WILD NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH ROCKY MOUNTAIN WILD REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICES, THE APPLICATION OR THE CONTENT WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE SERVICES, THE APPLICATION, CONTENT, OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICES, THE APPLICATION OR THE CONTENT WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
10.3. Exclusions. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain warranties or consequential damages, so some of the exclusions and/or limitations in this Section 10 may not apply to you.
12. Copyright Infringement. Rocky Mountain Wild respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“ DMCA“), if you believe that your work has been copied in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please follow the procedures set forth below.
Notices and counter-notices (as described below) with respect to the Services should be sent to the agent identified below. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
Our designated agent to receive DMCA notices is:
Rocky Mountain Wild
Attn: Legal – Privacy
1536 Wynkoop St., Ste. 900
Denver, CO 80202
*NOTE: This contact information is for inquiries regarding potential copyright infringement only.
We disclaim any responsibility or liability for copyrighted materials posted by a user or third party on our Site.
Please note that it is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
12.1. Notices of Alleged Infringement. If you believe any Content accessible on the Site or an Application infringes your copyright, you may request removal of such Content (or access thereto) by submitting written notification to our copyright agent designated below. In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), your written notice of alleged copyright infringement must include substantially the following:
· your physical or electronic signature;
· identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Site or an Application, a representative list of such works;
· identification of the Content you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that Content;
· adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and, if available, email address);
· a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
· a statement that the information in your written notice is accurate; and
· a statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
We will review your written notice of alleged copyright infringement once we receive it. Please be advised that Rocky Mountain Wild will not respond to complaints that do not meet the above requirements. If Rocky Mountain Wild determines that the materials alleged to infringe your copyright or trademark rights do not require removal, Rocky Mountain Wild will remove those materials only pursuant to a court order declaring the content or use of the materials unlawful.
12.2. Counter-Notices of Alleged Infringement. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice (“Copyright Counter-Notice”), which must include the following:
· Your name, address, and telephone number.
· Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
· A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good-faith belief that the content was removed in error.
· One of two statements:
o If you are located within the U.S.: “I consent to the jurisdiction of the United States federal district court for the judicial district in which my address is located and will accept service of process from the person who provided the notice set forth above or their agent.”
o If you are located outside of the U.S.: “I consent to the jurisdiction of any United States federal district court where Rocky Mountain Wild is located and will accept service of process from the person who provided the notice set forth above or their agent.”
· A physical or electronic signature (for example, typing your full name).
We will review your Copyright Counter-Notice once we receive it. If your Copyright Counter-Notice is complete and valid, we will forward the information you provided to the person who filed the complaint. If they do not notify us within 10-14 business days that they have filed a lawsuit against you, we will take steps to restore the content that we have removed or disabled.
13. Third-Party Materials. The Services may display, include, or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications and other products services and/or materials) or provide links to third-party websites or services (collectively, “Third-Party Materials”). You acknowledge and agree that Rocky Mountain Wild is not responsible for any Third-Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. Rocky Mountain Wild does not assume and will not have any liability to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Materials. Third-Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you, and you access and use them at entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions.
14. Third-Party Platforms. Rocky Mountain Wild may provide the Services to you through third-party websites, operating systems, platforms, and portals, including social networking sites (collectively, “Third-Party Platforms”). Additional terms and conditions may apply to you with respect to your use of Third-Party Platforms, which are not under Rocky Mountain Wild’s control. Rocky Mountain Wild does not assume any responsibility or liability for your use of such Third-Party Platforms.
16. Linking to the Site. You may link to the Site’s homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage or take advantage of our reputation, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. The Site must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the homepage. You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
17. JURY TRIAL AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS AND IMPACTS THE WAY THAT YOU AND WE BRING CLAIMS AGAINST EACH OTHER AND HOW THOSE CLAIMS ARE DECIDED.
YOU AND ROCKY MOUNTAIN WILD EACH UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL. THIS MEANS THAT ANY CLAIM WOULD BE DECIDED BY A JUDGE, NOT A JURY. FURTHER, WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM THAT PROCEEDS IN A COURT, YOU AND WE AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS, OR REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION OR PROCEEDING.
18.1. Geographic Restrictions. Rocky Mountain Wild is based in the State of Colorado in the United States. We make no claims that the Services or the Content are accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to and use of the Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.